Thursday, September 22, 2011

Revolving around the food


Yuri Endo 2010

Korean Food Guide for Travelers and Expats was created during a product design class last year in collaboration with Damla Soyer, my fellow international student from Turkey, and 3 korean students from Seoul and Busan, which aimed to introduce prominent Korean cuisine and its related culture to assist travelers and expats in Korea. As an expats myself, I have realized that Korean culture is vastly revolves around food at the very early stage of my stay in the country. As their frequently used greeting expression, "밥 먹었어요?" (Have you eaten already?) hints, the act of food consuming over all, sharing food with group of people is also a big part of their daily life. In that sense, I believe exploring Korean food simultaneously with observing the locals' behavior towards the food is one of the most receptive ways to get a glimpse of the country/culture on the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment